Intermittent Fasting (IF)
Intermittent fasting is a term for eating patterns that cycle between a period of fasting and non-fasting during a specific period. Intermittent fasting can offer many health benefits. There are several ways to implement an IF regimen and it is important you do so under close guidance and monitoring from a trained health professional.
Potential benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Reduced cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Reduced inflammation
- Encourages the break down of fat stores for fuel
- Promotes weight loss while maintaining lean body (muscle) mass
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer
- Reduced free radical damage, slowed ageing and enhanced cellar regeneration
- Some studies demonstrate enhanced impact of some anti-cancer therapies
Click the link below to access out OnCore Introduction to Intermittent Fasting. We have developed comprehensive guides on a range of evidence-based intermittent fasting protocols.
These guides will help you to understand if intermittent fasting is appropriate for you and the impact each fasting protocol has on your body and metabolism. We provide you with the information and tools to effectively implement intermittent fasting into your routine and lifestyle.
We keep up-to-date with the most recent scientific evidence so you don’t have to.